Assistant Store Manager – Michael Kors
Location: The Grove
• Meet personal and store sales goals
• Assist in the tracking, monitoring, and communication of business results
• Ensure an elevated level of sales and service is practiced by all associates; lead by example
• Continue to develop personal sales techniques and assist in the development of associates’ sales techniques to maximize sales
• Ensure all sales related policies and procedures are maintained
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the merchandise, and develop product knowledge among selling staff
• Maintain a keen interest in the fashion industry and market trends
• Ensure all associates provide the highest level of customer service
• Build and maintain repeat clientele by utilizing personal client book and assisting staff with utilizing their client books
• Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively
• Assist sales associates with various customer service issues (i.e. dissatisfied customers, returns, defective merchandise).
• Collaborate with store manager in areas of risk management, physical security, store cash controls, and inventory management
• Support and assist in staff training in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
• Understand and properly execute all management register functions
• Participate in inventories
• Understand and execute cash control procedures including: bank deposits, safe funds, petty cash
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of all merchandising/ visual directives
• Ensure the selling floor is neat, clean, organized and reflects the correct visual image at all times
• Ensure deliveries are properly processed in a timely manner
• Identify and communicate product concerns in a timely manner
• Communicate inventory needs to support the business goal
• Assist in the recruitment, training and development of staff
• Assist in ensuring the integrity of payroll and the payroll process
• Continually evaluate the performance of each associate and provide constant feedback to ensure results
• Resolve all human resources issues in a timely and effective manner, partnering with HR when necessary
• Support and provide follow-up for all training programs, seminars etc.
• Ensure image and grooming standards are professional, reflective of the brand image and adhered to at all times
Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Approachability: Is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; build rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Composure: Is cool under pressure, does not become defensive and irritated when times are tough, is considered mature and can be counted on to hold things together during tough times, can handle stress, is not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence in a crises.
Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value added in brainstorming sessions.
Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Learning on the Fly/ Versatility: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of the unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence ad the underlying structure of anything.
Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct and “actionable” positive corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Managing and Measuring Work: Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; monitors process, progress, and results; designs feedback loops into work.
Motivating Others: Creates a climate in which people want to do their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members; can assess each person’s hot button and use it to get the best out of them; pushes tasks and decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Drive For Results:
Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constant and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V
If interested, please contact Jessica Brown at Jessica.Brown@KorsConcierge.com.