Farmers Market Self Storage
Location: The Farmers Market
Farmers Market Self Storage has an immediate opening for an Assistant Manager:
The Assistant Manager is the helpful and knowledgeable point of contact onsite at our self-storage facility. They are enthusiastic, energetic, and outgoing self-starters who possess excellent sales, marketing, and customer service skills. The right manager is someone who takes pride in their work and works with integrity to do the best job they are capable of. Assistant Managers contribute to a successful property by running an organized office, engaging positively with customers, earnestly following up on leads, maintaining existing business relationships with clients and vendors, and communicating clearly with the entire management team. The right candidate pays attention to details, stays organized, and takes delight in finding great solutions for problems. This position is involved in all phases of the operation, including: leasing storage & parking, managing a team, assisting with maintenance, supervising onsite projects, communicating with home office team, and maintaining good relationships with tenants.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
– Responsible for the sales, marketing, occupancy, and delinquency management of the facility.
– Keeping the facility rented at optimum levels by effectively utilizing advertising, promotional and customer relation skills as approved by management
– Provides outstanding customer service including assessing and resolving customer problems and professionally handling telephone and walk-in inquiries
– Shows, rents, and cleans self-storage units as well as actively selling and maintaining supplies of moving and packing materials
– Maintains all required tenant documentation in a neat and orderly manner as directed by management
-Controls delinquencies through telephone contact and letters on a scheduled basis including sending out monthly invoices
– Cleans space(s) as vacated, hallways, and grounds as needed. Cleans office and restrooms daily. Makes regular assessment of the condition of the property and resolves maintenance and cleaning issues
– Maintains a neat, clean, safe, and secure facility including minor maintenance and daily lock checks as well as visual inspection daily
– General management of the office including but not limited to opening and closing the office on time each day, keeping and balancing petty cash, making daily bank deposits and preparing daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required by management
– Assist in preparing units for auction, vacate as prescribed by law and approved by management
– Effectively communicates with management and fellow associates
COMPENSATION: $17.00 per hour, plus an annual bonus potential of $4,500
Typical hours are 9:30 AM – 6 PM Sunday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM Saturday. Weekends are required. Our company looks for overachievers who are interested in showing what they can accomplish with the intention of advancing to take on more management responsibility as their skills grow.
Basic computer operation required. Candidate must understand and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Preferably experience using a self-storage software application but not required. Understanding of an automated gate system preferred but not required.
EXPERIENCE – QUALIFICATIONS:
– Customer service, retail sales, marketing, general office and telephone skills are all requirements for this position
– Prior self-storage experience preferred but not required
– Good organizational skills
– General office functions and experiences required
– Ability to pay close attention to detail
– Ability to read and write in English required. Please reference any additional language skills and your level of proficiency in your resume or cover letter submission.
Seating for approx. 6 hours, light to heavy lifting
Monthly and Quarterly Bonuses
Full Coverage Healthcare, Dental, & Vision Care
Paid Time Off
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
For consideration please contact:
Daniel King | District Manager